Friday, June 17, 2011

Literacy Conference - Day Three Exit Activity

Explain ways in which you will be able to incorporate more writing in your content.

How will the ideas and strategies shared during this conference change your instructional practice?

3 comments:

  1. I will have my students write daily. I will make them feel that their writing is a valuable way to share their thoughts. I want them to feel that their thoughts are real and are to be shared!
    NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my class, students have to write constantly because I feel that is one of the best ways to show that you "understand" something. They do quickwrites, open ended questions, RAFTs, questions to get their feelings and reactions on things, and whatever else I would like them to write about that is pertinent at the time. :)
    One thing I might do is have students keep something like a journal that they have to write in at the beginning of every class. Where it allows them to connect information from the previous class to whatever new we are talking about that day. This will help learning be ongoing.

    TIfany B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to have my students keep journals this next year-- I'm thinking something along the lines of a place to keep daily warm-ups, KFC activities, dialectical work with in-class reading. I think this would be a great tool to be able to measure their writing and learning process over the course of the year.

    This conference has totally renewed and revved-up my passion for teaching and learning. I'm really looking forward to working with my team and to using the truly brilliant strategies learned over the past three days. Along with my summer CAR-PD training, I think next year is going to be really productive for my students and myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting to this blog. If you choose not to post your name, please post your initials.